Saturday, November 22, 2014

Keeping up with the 9-year olds...

It's difficult to determine which children's class would be best for an adult beginner to take. At the school I mentioned I may be able to take lessons from, they have a "Grade 2" that's supposed to be for 9-year olds. (It's not RAD. There's the preschool levels, then grades 1-5 with an "advanced" third along with non-advanced third, and the most advanced divisions are 4 & 5 with the last being company/advanced.) I looked up 9-year old ballet on YouTube and came up with this:


Damn! If that's what's expected of the 9-year olds, I'm going to need to be in class with the 3-year olds! Haha! (From all I've read, 9 is usually the youngest age I've seen recommended for pointe except in cases where the child's bones have matured quickly. The 10-year old class would fit so much better in my schedule. Any lower and I'll have to leave work early... a possibility, especially if I work lunch. But I don't really have any clue where I need to be in regards to the grades.)

No comments:

Post a Comment