Monday, November 17, 2014

Class tomorrow *gulp*

Since I couldn't get in touch with anyone about the adult ballet class any other way, I stopped by on my way home from work. That in itself is kinda major for me- I tend to get anxiety when it comes to doing new things around other people, or even going into new places. But I went in (it was PACKED with kids and their mothers all over the place- in, out, in the building, in class!!) and the young lady at the counter was one of those very easy to talk to people, and immediately made me feel better about stopping by, and about the place in general. She told me I can drop in, it's Tuesdays from 7:30-8:30, $10 a class, meet right where I was talking to her, it's kind of all levels, and I can wear whatever is comfortable though ballet slippers are encouraged. Sweet!

Then I came home and checked the mail. It's a sign: I'm meant for ballet! My new Leo's ballet slippers came in as did my brand new Euro pink convertible tights AND my pretty baby-blue leg warmers! (All for under $20 with shipping! The Leo's are usually $25, but I got them on eBay for $8. I have pretty much gotten everything ballet-related on eBay, except my first two leotards so I could see how they fit, my first pair of convertible tights, and the pointe shoes that actually fit. [I tried to eBay that and it didn't go so great, as you can imagine.][Or at least they fit my novice feet that have no clue what they're doing and could very well be not-so-great if I ever do get on pointe, but that's a long way off... and it all starts with my class tomorrow!])

Honestly, I didn't NEED new ballet slippers. But they were such a bargain, and I wanted to try a different brand!

These are going to look so cute just how the girl in the photo is wearing them, with my black leotard and black shorts on!

I'm really not too shy to wear a leotard, even though I have no clue if anyone else does. I am going to wear a short pair of dance shorts over everything, though. At least I will feel a little covered if no one else is dressed like me.

I'm nervous, but mostly... I'M EXCITED! Tomorrow is going to be very telling for me: will I be pursuing ballet, and in a classroom setting? Or will I hate it? Keep your fingers crossed that I'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment