Sunday, November 16, 2014

A better day...

I think my theory was pretty dead-on: I took last night off from ballet, and just did a lot of body rolling. (Funnily, I think I am just going to roll for a few minutes and then those minutes turn into an hour or more! I love my foam roller!) Today, it took me awhile but I finally got SO into the ballet I was doing, and I was enjoying it so much. I was totally into it, totally focused, loving it, and refining my technique. Especially the ronde de jambs (en terre). Usually, I'm so focused on just getting my leg around that I neglect making sure I'm staying turned out, but today, I stayed very well turned out, and it seemed a lot easier today.

Speaking of turnout, my turnout this afternoon was way better than it has been. And I am almost certain it's from the rolling I've been doing. (Posted the previous yesterday 11/15. The rest today 11/16. So I'll be speaking about that day as "yesterday" from now on.) I did the thing where you hold your feet in 6th, go back on your heels, and turnout from there, supposedly a rough way of finding your real turnout. Well, yesterday when I did it, I went a noticeable difference outwards than usual, and I wasn't forcing it. It just happened!

Yesterday, I ended up doing The Ballet Workout (Lisa Maree), what I think is now my favorite class out of all of the online classes: Year One, Lesson 5 Barre (Tamra Chace) -only 25 minutes, but I always do both sides, making for at least 40 minutes plus I did several of my favorites twice or more on each side; some hip abduction exercises, Lisa Maree's Back Stretches, Follow Along Abs Workout (LM), and the 12-minute Splits Stretch by Psyche Truth. Plus some rolling. All in all, about 4 solid hours of ballet!

No comments:

Post a Comment