Saturday, February 28, 2015

Splits Injury. Lesson Learned: Don't Overdo It.

So, remember when I posted about how I'd come very, very close to doing my splits? Well, it's been about five days, and I would like to note that I definitely injured myself! It's nothing major, and I am positive it came from that loud "pop" I heard (in the exact same spot, and my other leg is not injured). I was not able to even work on much flexibility with that leg tonight- I spent that time instead working on it with a tennis ball and my foam roller.

I didn't attempt anything close to a split on the other leg, but I wonder if I've gotten more flexible on it. I wish that pop hadn't happened- I knew then and there it was extremely likely I'd done something wrong.

So, lesson learned: don't try the crazy stunts I pull on here for yourself, for injury can definitely occur!

Update 3/27/15: I am STILL recovering from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment