Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Inspirational Animated Gifs

Some photos I recently found on Tumblr. I believe the following are all Hee Seo Mariinsky, who is with the ABT, I believe.


This photo is unbelievable! Definitely one of my absolute favorites. The slight step, the absolutely perfect rolling down from pointe... You can see every single tiny motion perfectly.

And then the perfect rolling up (and hey! Even professionals may quiver a little while balancing!)(Of course, she'd probably been doing more ballet in that day than I will in a month!)


She undoubtedly knows exactly where her working foot is at any given moment. The second time it comes towards her body being slightly closer than the first time, the last swinging out a bit further than any of the previous times... I know from just learning to tendu (and a bit of degage, especially a la seconde) that getting the foot in the exact same spot you want it every time is difficult and comes only with practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment