Friday, January 23, 2015

Recently...

Wow, it's been awhile since I've updated! I've been super-busy in my personal life (involving a whole lot of sleep, among other things- I believe it's the meds I'm on. I just can't get enough SLEEP!) I had to miss one of my ballet classes, along with about five days of practice/workout, because my stomach was very upset for awhile :(

I went to class, let's see, last Tuesday, and skipped Thursday. I went to both classes this week. I'm feeling a bit mushy because I just haven't worked out like I was, but it's okay because absence makes the heart grow fonder; I'm actually craving workouts and stretches, which is something I don't think I have ever done (except maybe once, a semester over a decade ago, where I took three glorious months of yoga classes). Tuesday I still wasn't feeling well, but went to class. Wednesday I started back up with some minor exercises (throwing in some plies and leg raises when I can). Thursday, yesterday, I started really feeling some improvements in class.

I've had a hell of a week or two. It's been quite stressful for me, and overwhelming. I usually try to keep my life very, very simple. I limit stress as much as possible. But one thing happened that was very stressful, and another thing has happened that is positive but still overwhelming, so it's a bit stressful too. So I've constantly had all of these things on my mind. And the ONE time I am able to totally clear my head, not think or feel anything, is when I am in class. (That's a big difference from working out at home while doing my own ballet-oriented workouts, because my mind was somewhat free to wander.) It's absolutely fantastic. After only a handful of classes, I crave going to class, being fully in my body instead of in my head (where I usually am) or heart (where I can sometimes be found). I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

I'm starting to pick up what exactly we are doing. I still don't have everything down, but I am getting there. I am starting to be fussed at for my arms, because sometimes I am just so caught up in making sure my feet are doing the right thing that my arms are just doing whatever, occasionally moving to the right direction only to stay there while everyone else moves on.

So, I just wanted to make a quick update. I hope to be back on some sort of routine schedule soon, and be able to post more.

No comments:

Post a Comment