Thursday, January 8, 2015

Ballet Attire

I'm a little sad. I mentioned that I managed to get the last Bal Togs Two-Tone Strappy-Back Camisole leotard in my size from DiscountDance. Alas, I received my shipment this afternoon, and that one was not in my package :( I did get a good deal on plain black short-sleeve leotards, at least, but I was really looking forward to the Bal Togs one. Oh well.

I've been obsessing about finding a way to feel comfortable in a camisole leotard. When I purchased my first leotard, I tried on quite a few to see what size and what styles looked best on me. Camisoles were a definite "no" at the time.

At one point, I received a beautiful black leotard from eBay. It is not a camisole, but it has a low back with odd straps; the front is pleated at the chest. (I don't think I've posted photos yet- I have a few new leotards to take pics of and upload here.) It's not something I can wear a normal bra with, not with the straps the way they are. Furthermore, the side of the chest area stops abruptly (instead of continuing around to the back). Between all of that, I didn't think there was any way I'd ever feel like I looked nice in it.

Then I got to thinking... I tried it on with a bra. I think if I sew the cups of a bra into it, I will be able to wear it comfortably. I almost put it up for sale, but I definitely want to get around to trying this. I don't want to be so stuck in what kinds of leotards I can wear... even if I'm only going to be wearing them at home! (Yes, my leotard buying obsession continues...)

While I'm on the subject, I've already decided I am going to be dressing very plainly for class. Even if I rig my cool leotard right and feel comfortable in it, it shows too much skin for me to feel comfortable in the class I am in, with the little kids (who probably wouldn't notice or give a damn) and their parents (who I don't want to find the slightest fault with me because I'm so grateful to just be able to take classes there). I've been wearing a new VS sports bra, it's like an underwire bra within a sports bra. It's great. It's been very... cold... though. So I happened to find in a drawer a pair of these. They were just what I needed. (I also recently picked up six bras of several types that use adhesive to stay on. I will be trying some of these in my quest as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment