Wednesday, January 10, 2018

First Class (Back): Success!

I'm so happy, and proud of myself. In spite of the fact my mind and body, via depression, were telling me to just give up on ballet, not go to class, I went anyway.

I took a nap that afternoon until about 1pm, and woke up in a good mood, luckily not groggy. I decided to go ahead and get dressed in my ballet outfit, 4 hours in advance. I took my time, trying on the various leotards I've accumulated since the last time I took a class. (I love buying leotards, what can I say?)

One of my most recent purchases was this Bal Togs sports bra:




Here's the front:

If you've read any of my blog, you'll see that I'm often on the hunt for different ways of keeping my girls in. My breasts don't look very big in this photo, but I had breast augmentation about a decade ago, bringing them from an A/B cup up to my current 32DDD.

For the record, my grade's dress code is: black leotard, preferably long-sleeved, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, no extras.

I love camisole leotards, and I love to wear them when I'm at the gym (although usually under something else), but when I'm in class- I'm around a bunch of very young girls and their protective mothers, and I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my ability to continue taking classes there. So I try to dress as modestly as possible, while still attempting to find ways to change my style from a totally basic scoop-neck/high-back tank or short-sleeve leotard. (I recently ordered a long-sleeve leotard, basic black, but I get hot extremely easily, so I think that will probably last through one class, if that. But I want to try.)

Back to this Bal Togs bra. I purchased it from Discount Dance during a clearance sale to wear under this leotard I also purchased during this sale:


(Turns out I have another leotard just like that one, but with lace instead of mesh, LOL.) I love the bra! Especially when paired with a leotard, it really compresses my breasts and prevents them from hopping up and down when I jump. I ended up wearing this leotard to class:

No mesh like the one above

which was surprisingly comfortable. Paired with the Bal Togs- along with some plain, adhesive nipple covers, I felt much better than when I wear a VS Sports bra to class. With those, I don't have to wear the nipple covers, but they enhance my cleavage instead of compressing it.

So class went well, and it was one of the first classes I've felt like "Oh! I know this one!" pretty much the entire class! Even though I have taken about a month or so off from any sort of ballet practice, the hard work I put in before was NOT (as my depressed self tried to assure me) in vain. I'm really learning, and I'm becoming more comfortable with the movements. And when we galloped across the center of the room, two at a time, I actually felt like I looked graceful!

One more thing: since taking classes (even from before), I have struggled with some of the full-body positions we usually do during center. My previous instructor (who I will likely have next year) is amazing, but she always seemed too busy for me to feel comfortable to ask, and the times I thought about asking previous classmates, I didn't have a pen and paper with me. But Monday, I spoke with my teacher, and she was great! She demonstrated the movement and gave me time to write them out. Now, to practice them!

In case you're wondering, here is the list:
croise devant
a la quatrieme devant
ecarte
efface
a la seconde
epaule
a la quatrieme derriere
croise derriere

I had to take my car to the shop yesterday, so I'm not sure if I will be able to make it to class tonight. I hope so, because I know next week is when parents get to come in and watch, and I really don't want to be there for that. (I've done it- my mom came once. But I just haven't learned that much since then, and it'd be weird with only a couple of classes under my belt with this instructor.) Anyway, back to loving ballet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment