Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Improvements and Disappointments

So, class was great last night! I left work early in a bad mood, and took a power nap before waking up in a bad mood to get dressed to head to ballet.

Once the music started and we began our ankle rolls, my foul mood and negative thoughts starting drifting on out the door. By the time we were doing degages, I was absorbed in ballet and ballet only.

I totally nailed it at the barre. I'm getting close to knowing the preparations I've been having trouble with. I kept my head pointed in the right direction. I worked on keeping my arm more in front of me. I ended each exercise cleanly, with my arms more raised than towards my legs, as they had been. I messed up on the counts when doing our adagio leg extensions, but my spotting was dead on and I was able to pick it back up within a beat or two since I've been practicing. I even kept my head in the right direction for most of our echappe sous-sus, including the faster ones. I did everything at the barre so well, I didn't get any pointers or feedback.

The center went pretty well. I'm still having trouble with a few things like, uh, this one movement I can't recall the name to, where I mix up which foot goes in front when we transfer. But my arabesques were much more arabesque-like. My port de bras are getting more graceful. I mostly kept up with the harder footwork we do. Class went quite great!

So what's the disappointment? My horrible turnout, especially in retire. I want it to look perfect.
I want to have pretty turnout.






I want clean lines.


But I'm so far behind, especially on my left leg with it's damn tibial torsion. (As an example: in rond de jambe, my left foot can be pointed almost perfectly outwards… but my knee is always pointed down.) It's so frustrating.

So I will be working on my turnout a whole lot more.


No comments:

Post a Comment